MONROE TOWN COUNCIL
Monday, November 7th, 2016 ~6:00 PM~ Chalk Hill Auditorium
JOINT SESSION WITH BOARD OF FINANCE, BOARD OF EDUCATION & PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
II. ROLL CALL
III. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
IV. NEW BUSINESS
A. Discussion regarding the condition, use and funding for Chalk Hill Building.
VI. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
This meeting meets accessibility requirements for the disabled. Those persons requiring special accommodations should contact the First Selectman's Office as soon as possible (203) 452-2821.
GUIDELINES FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATIONS
Welcome to the Monroe Town Council Meeting.The following guidelines are to assist those who wish to speak during the Public Participation Sessions:
The Council welcomes public participation and asks that speakers please limit their comments.Observers are always welcome. State your name and address for the record.Speakers may offer objective comments that concern them.
The Town Council will not permit any expression of personal complaints or defamatory comments about Town Council members nor against any person connected with the Town of Monroe or any other individual, firm or corporation.
There will be no response to comments related to pending litigation.
The Town Council Chairman has the discretion to limit comment time. Generally, three (3) minutes per speaker is allotted. The Chair may allow additional time.
Written statements are always welcome and are always provided to Town Council members.
Immediate replies to questions/concerns should not be expected (Chairman’s discretion).
Second Public Participation is an opportunity to make comments or ask questions on those unresolved items in our agenda that are under Unfinished Business or New Business.
1. 3 minute limit per speaker
2. 21 minutes total for second public participation
3. Comments or questions have to be on unresolved items in our agenda under Unfinished Business or New Business for that meeting (this will give Council the opportunity to consider, discuss or answer in a subsequent Town Council meeting aforementioned items)
4. No member may speak on the same information that they spoke on during the first public participation (all information must be new)
5. Does not apply to special or emergency meetings
ALL CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO DISCRETION OF THE CHAIR