Important Tax Information
The Town of Monroe has adopted a Lower Interest Program, pursuant to Executive Orders of the Governor, for the January installment of your property tax bill. With this program:
• Monroe real estate, motor vehicle, and personal property taxes due on Jan 1, 2021 will have a one-month grace period for payment, at zero interest, through February 1, 2021.
• Any payments not made by February 1, 2021 will be subject to only one-quarter of one percent (0.25%) interest per month instead of the usual, statutory 1½ percent (1.50%) per month.
• On April 1, 2021, any outstanding taxes must revert to the normal statutory rate, retroactive to January 1, 2021, as per the Governor's executive order.
• While landlords are required to submit documentation that they provided rent forbearance to their tenants or lessees, other taxpayers are not required to submit any documentation to be eligible for the program.
• Tax payments that are escrowed by a financial institution or mortgage servicer are not eligible for the program so long as the mortgage payments are current or the borrower is in a forbearance or deferment program.
For more information on your tax payments, please contact the Tax Collector’s Office at 203-452-2804.
There are NO district, fire , sewer, or water taxes in Monroe
TAXES ARE DUE JULY 1 AND JANUARY 1
PAY AND VIEW ALL TAX BILLS updated nightly
95 cents for echeck....2.95% for credit cards
* Returning registered users who have a user id & password
7 Fan Hill Rd
Monroe, CT 06468
Monroe Tax Collector's Office
7 Fan Hill Road
Monroe, CT 06468
Deborah Heim, CCMC
Phone: (203) 452-2804
Mon - Thurs: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Friday: 8:30am - 1:30pm