FY 2020-2021 Budget Process
The budget process began prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. Since then, the Governor's Executive Orders have mandated a delay in the schedule, as well as a requirement to have the Board of Finance ultimately adopt the budget, instead of our normal referendum process. We understand that this is upsetting to many residents and taxpayers, however we must abide by the orders and do recognize that we are faced with highly unusual circumstances.
At the Board of Finance Budget Adoption Meeting on Tuesday, June 2, 2020, the FY20-21 annual budget was adopted and the mill rate set at 35.48 mills.
First Selectman's Updated Budget Discussion
Click Here for the Property Tax Calculator Page
Budget Milestones Already Completed
- February 8, 2020 - Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the First Selectman Proposed his budget to the Town Council. Historical documents:
- March 12, 2020 - Just before the beginning of significant restrictions resulting from the pandemic, the Town Council approved its budget and forwarded it to the Board of Finance:
- April 23, 2020 - The Board of Finance conducted a remote public hearing on the budget.
- May 14, 2020 - The Board of Finance conducted a second remote public hearing on the budget.
- May 19, 2020 - The Board of Finance finalized and delivered its Proposed Annual Budget.
- June 2, 2020 - The Board of Finance voted to adopt the final budget and set the mill rate at 35.48.
- The final budget will be posted on the Town's website and filed with the Office of the Town Clerk this week.
Town of Monroe Finance Department
7 Fan Hill Road
Monroe, CT 06468
Phone (203) 452-2800 Ext 1061
Deputy Finance Director
Phone: (203) 452-2800 Ext 1006